ALL THIS AND MORE - PRIVATE HIDEAWAY IN THE HEART OF TOWNSVILLE
House - CASTLE HILL QLD
The “WOW” factor kicks in the moment you enter this timeless and elegant home designed specifically for the tropics. The boardwalk pathway through lush tropical gardens is just a hint of what is to come. Every room has a stunning view! Clever design allows cooling cross-breezes to flow throughout the home and wide eaves surrounding the house on all sides create shade to the exterior.
On the entry level a centrally located designer kitchen services the dining area, upstairs lounge and an enormous return deck/verandah that even the most fastidious entertainer would appreciate. Vaulted ceilings made of natural timber to the dining and deck area plus polished timber floors exude a distinct Polynesian ambience. This level also contains the Master bedroom with walk-in-robe and large ensuite featuring a luxurious in-room bath-tub, as well as shower, plus two additional bedrooms and a second bathroom. (And of course the all-important oversized laundry.)
A dramatic and gently gliding stair well leads to the lower level. This level is all about lifestyle: theatre room, pool room, bar area and the main access to the inground pool and the garden of delights and hidden gems. Did we mention there are also two additional bedrooms and a third bathroom plus separate toilet on this level?
A short stroll along a well defined path leads to an additional room perfect for a workroom/gym/music room (excellent acoustics) and a remote-controlled double garage will protect your vehicles from the elements.
– Designed by Tippett Schrock Architects (Peter Scott), the home virtually hugs the hill in a series of levels and terraces. It won the 1997 Royal Australian Institute of Architects regional commendation.
– New-guinea-rosewood kitchen with composite stone benchtops, Belling gas stove and Miele dishwasher.
– Bar area, pool table and media room complete with projector, screen, and surround sound system.
– Sparkling in-ground pool with views and outside shower.
– Large aviary
– Over 500 sqm “under roof” and 953 sqm land with established gardens and countless varieties of tropical plants.
– Citrus, papaya, plus banana trees and a dedicated “veggie patch” to grow your own herbs and vegetables.